With so many companies focusing efforts on social media marketing, it seems proven standards such as print marketing can get lost in the buzz – or ignored altogether. The mistake many companies make is believing that the two are mutually exclusive. The fact of the matter is each can be used to enhance one another, so that you can craft a well-rounded and compelling marketing campaign that not only increases brand value and awareness, but also yields direct and measurable sales. Let’s take a look at a few ways print marketing can enhance your social media status.
Getting likes, follows or into customers’ circles is the name of the game; then, you essentially have free marketing to that specific customer segment.
The question is, how do you get thousands of people you’ve never met to like you? Print marketing is a viable and efficient solution. With print marketing, you can:
- Encourage customers to like you on business cards, postcards, posters, banners, flyers and everything else you print
- Create QR codes so customers can instantly connect with you from their devices
- Experiment with AR (Augmented Reality) to enhance customer experience and brand recognition
- Promote special offers and generate likes by offering incentives
- Have customers take photos of themselves at your place of business or via your own app and post them to their social media profiles – all along putting your name and links in front of their friends
- Have customers post restaurant ratings or testimonials directly from your table tents
- Turn postcards into full-fledged catalogs with QR codes
- Show customers how your artwork would appear on their walls with AR, then encourage immediate purchases right from their devices
- Collect demographic data with instant questionnaires that have incentives or yield fun results so customers will want to share them
- Show videos of products in action from your catalogs, postcards and flyers
- Give a more detailed personal introduction via your QR code, printed on the back of your business card
The possibilities are endless, and we’re just getting started. Helping customers share unique experiences, their personalities, and their lifestyles engages your audience and exponentially increases your social media marketing reach. Conversely, social media can serve as a platform to enhance your print marketing. You might, for example, offer to mail catalogs or brochures via your Facebook page (in return for a like, of course!).
Print marketing and social media marketing go hand-in-hand. Apart, they’re both excellent marketing mediums. Together, however, they can prove to be wildly successful.
About the Author: