The iPhone is one of the most popular products in the country, and is perhaps on the precipice of an iPhone explosion if Apple makes a deal with Verizon. iPhone apps are all the rage, and there seems to be something for everyone. Here are five must-have iPhone apps for graphic designers.
- Palettes lets you grab colors from photos and websites so you can create the perfect color scheme for your theme. So, for example, if you wanted a beach theme you could take a photograph of a beach scene and pull the colors right out of it. Pretty awesome.
- Zeptopad is a neat sketch and brainstorming app for everyone from the doodler to the free form designer.
- The Dexigner iPhone app lets you stay up-to-date on design news, events, upcoming releases and just about everything else pertaining to the graphic design industry.
- OpticsCalc is for optical theory buffs. It performs optical calculations related to Fresnel reflections, prism refraction, Lens Makers formulas and Snell’s Law, among others. Quick and handy for the serious designer.
- OrderDesignWork is not so much an app you can use as it is one you can emulate. The menu lets customers instantly order design services with one of the most streamlined design order forms I’ve ever seen. Since the iPhone is ripening, now might be the time to develop a similar application of your own.
From choosing the perfect custom color to making money, the iPhone represents awesome opportunities for graphic designers to increase productivity and boost profits. And, it’s fun. What are your favorite iPhone design apps?