Brochure printing is a powerful sales strategy, no doubt about it. Not all brochures are created equal, so it literally pays to know which kind of brochure you should deploy in a given sales situation. You've probably read about the five types of brochures – leave behinds, point of sales, response, direct mail and sales support – and knowing how each of these is used is a good start but not enough to maximize your brochure's potential.
For a quick recap:
- Leave-behinds, as the name implies, are brochures printed to leave with customers after sales meetings
- Point-of-sale brochures are left at retail and service counter tops
- Response brochures are sent out to customers who have contacted your company with an inquiry
- Direct-mail brochures are sent directly to your customers' mailboxes to motivate action
- Sales support brochures are visual tools used during professional sales presentations
Too much emphasis is placed on the type of brochure printing to engage in. If you would believe some “experts,” your company should have all five types in multiple pitches, which would, for many small businesses, consume a large portion of the marketing budget. Let me present to you a sixth type of brochure, the Almighty All-In-One. The Almighty All-In-One does not care how it is deployed – it works no matter what. It does not worry so much about when or where a customer encounters it; instead, it cares about who the customer is. The Almighty All-In-One can be designed any style, so long as it suits the customer's personality.
- It can be multiple panels or pages, or a single sales sheet
- It gets noticed quickly
- It addresses the customer's wishes, needs and desires, and convincingly demonstrates how the product it is pitching will make the customer's life better
- It explains why your company is the ideal provider
- It answers important questions and backs up claims with reliable, verifiable supporting evidence with aesthetically appealing charts, graphs, testimonials and images
- It unleashes a powerful offer and motivates customers to take the next step in the purchasing process
- And best of all, you can get it for one-fifth (or less) the cost of printing five different types of brochures
The Almighty All-In-One works because it addresses one simple premise: What does the customer need, and how can it be easy for them to get it? The best way to be profitable is to concern yourself with helping your customers. Image use Creative Commons license via Flickr.