To be eligible all designs must be submitted to the PsPrint Blog site contest galleries before the closing date, Friday October 30th by 5:00PM Pacific Time. Images are submitted for contest entry by upload to one of the two category groups: Design or Humor.
NOTE: Each participant may submit up to 15 image files to each of the two contest categories listed below. Submitting more than 15 designs per gallery or submitting duplicate designs can result in disqualification from this contest without prior warning.
Contestants must conform to the following image guidelines:
- Please read and adhere to all image preparation instructions found here
- Final image is intended for the front face only of a 5’’x7’’ greeting card
- Image submitted should be 5’’x7’’ (portrait) or 7’’x5’’ (landscape)
- Image should be 2MB in size or smaller
- User’s Choice Best Overall holiday card design (selected from Design Gallery): 5’’x7’’ or 7’’x5’’ holiday card, card front only
- User’s Choice Most Humorous card design (selected from Humor Gallery): 5’’x7’’ or 7’’x5’’ holiday card, card front only
- PsPrint Best Overall card design (selected from all entries from both galleries): 5’’x7’’ or 7’’x5’’ holiday card, card front only
Anyone who creates an account on the PsPrint Blog is eligible to enter the contest. Graphic designers, students, PsPrint fans and customers are highly encouraged to enter.
|Submissions and Round 1 Voting Open||Thursday, October 15, 2009|
|Submissions and Round 1 Voting Closed||Friday, October 30, 2009|
|Finalist Images Open for Voting||Monday, November 02, 2009|
|Finalist Voting Closed||Monday, November 16, 2009|
|All Winners Announced||Wednesday, November 18, 2009|
5. Awards / Prizes
|A.||There will be three (3) grand prizes, one for each category above.|
|i.||User choice category winners will be selected from 30 finalists (15 per category)|
|a.||Finalists will be based on total number of votes collected by submitted designs on the PsPrint Blog galleries|
|b.||15 finalists will be selected based on this criteria and then final winners will be determined from highest vote totals obtained by user voting on the contest blog galleries|
|B.||PsPrint category winner will be selected from all designs submitted to the Design category|
|i.||Winner will be selected by the judge panel as outlined below|
|C.||There will be (4) runner-up prizes for each of the (2) User’s Choice categories based on total votes received as outlined above|
|D.||All winners will be announced on the PsPrint blog site no later than November 18th, 2009.|
|E.||Winners of all prizes will be notified by e-mail in addition to the online announcement.|
|F.||Only 1 prize may be awarded to each image|
- Grand Prizes (3): Each grand prize winner will receive (1) $2,000 gift certificate for the Apple store, HP store or Amazon.com, and (1,000) copies of their winning design printed as a 5x7 card, free of charge. Winning designs will be featured on PsPrint blog site.
- User’s Choice Runner-Up Prizes (8): These winners will each receive (1) $200 gift certificate for Apple store, HP store or Amazon.com, plus (250) copies of their winning design printed as a 5x7 card, free of charge. Winning designs will be featured on PsPrint blog site.
6. Voting and Judges – User Choice and PsPrint Best Design Winners
- All User Choice category awards will be based on initial votes submitted by visitors to PsPrint’s blog site, and then second round voting cast by site visitors to the contest finalist pages on the PsPrint blog. Registration to the PsPrint blog is required to vote.
- PsPrint Best Design winner will be selected by judges that consist of a select panel of PsPrint employees
7. General Conditions
- The Sponsor and Promoter of this Contest is PsPrint, 2861 Mandela Parkway, Oakland, CA94608.
- Participants may not be employees of PsPrint, connected advertising and promotional agencies, their respective affiliates and associates, or such employees' immediate family members or persons with whom such employees reside.
- All designs must be submitted as formats outlined in submission guidelines above.
- All participants must be of age 18 or older.
- All designs submitted will be the sole property of the submitting participant. Copyright of the designs will be retained by participants, subject to an irrevocable, worldwide, exclusive licence in perpetuity to PsPrint and its associated companies to exploit all Entries in any manner whatsoever in its absolute discretion without payment of royalties, re-use fees or other remuneration and without any credit or other obligations to participants.
- PsPrint retains the right to extend the contest submission closing date, and other key dates without further notice.
- Incomplete, incorrect or otherwise unsuitable entries can be disqualified at PsPrint’s sole discretion.
- PsPrint is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Entries received by methods other than those outlined will not be accepted.
- Proof of identity must be produced on request.
- Valid e-mail, first and last name are required to register for the PsPrint blog and to collect winnings.
- By registering to enter designs or to vote on the PsPrint blog you allow PsPrint to include your email in promotional email lists, you may then opt out at any time.
- The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded. PsPrint retains the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
- Decisions of the contest judges are final - no correspondence will be entered into except with the winning entrants.
- By claiming the prize, the winners authorize the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or his or her design/s for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which PsPrint may deem appropriate.
- In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that PsPrint may not be held liable for any loss or damage associated with accepting or using the prize.
- By submitting an entry, Participants acknowledge their acceptance and understanding of these Rules.
- Entries that may be considered lewd, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate to the Contest for any reason determined by PsPrint LLC may be disqualified at PsPrints's sole discretion.
- All prizes will be net of any taxes PsPrint is required by law to withhold. All taxes imposed on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- PsPrint will require all prize winners to complete a W-9.
- PsPrint will send prize winners a 1099, as required by the IRS.
- Participants warrant that their Entries are original and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entries and that they have the right to submit the Entries in the Contest and grant all required licences. Each Participant agrees not to submit any Entry that (1) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations; or (2) otherwise violates applicable US law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified PsPrint LLC at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PsPrint LLC, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal costs) arising out of or accruing from (a) any material uploaded or otherwise provided by the Participant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by the Participant in connection with the Contest; (c) any non-compliance by the Participant with these Rules; and (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the Participant's involvement with the Contest.
- To the extent permitted by law, Participant agrees to hold PsPrint, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest and/or use or acceptance of any prize.
- Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of rights or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Participant from the Contest. PsPrint further reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates US law.
- PsPrint is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. PsPrint is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. PsPrint is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by participants on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, PsPrint reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. PsPrint further reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, PsPrint reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
- Under no circumstances shall the submission of an Entry into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with PsPrint. You acknowledge that you have submitted your Entry voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship now exists between you and PsPrint and that no such relationship is established by your submission of an Entry under these Rules.
- This contest is subject to all US laws. These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- A list of winners may be viewed on the PsPrint blog site after November 17th, 2009.
- Winning designs may be displayed, at the sole discretion of PsPrint, on the site for 14 or more days.
- Prize includes shipping of printed cards and gift certificate only, to a US address.
- Any winner not willing or able to provide complete and correct contact and shipping information after 12 months shall forfeit any prize and any claim against PsPrint.
- Prize items lost in transit are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any reissue or replacement of a lost/destroyed prize or prizes is at the sole decision of PsPrint.