Freelancers and small business owners can’t miss out on this valuable opportunity to stay top-of-mind with clients and partners. Here are some quick tips for printing holiday cards at the last minute:
Last-minute tip No. 1: Keep it simple
Don’t get bogged down on design and miss your window of opportunity. Send a classic postcard with a black-and-white photograph on the front or a minimalist white greeting card with a foil-stamped phrase on the front. Less is more, especially when you’re up against a deadline.
Last-minute tip No. 2: Get your mailing list in order
In order to take advantage of mailing services through a printer, gather up your addresses now. Talk to the print vendor to find out what kind of format they would like the list in. It may take an hour or two to check over or freshen up a mailing list, so budget for this task.
Last-minute tip No. 3: If you are too late for Christmas, make it about New Year’s
Before placing your holiday card order, double-check with your print vendor that your card will be printed and mailed in time to arrive before December 25. If there’s any doubts about hitting that in-home date, simply design a card that wishes folks a happy holiday season or a happy New Year instead.
For more tips on designing holiday greeting cards and invitations, check out this roundup of inspiring samples and helpful advice from the PsPrint bloggers:
- 8 Holiday Greeting Card & Invitation Designs: Find inspiration in these eight elegant greeting cards and invitations.
- Creative Holiday Cards: Unique add-ons for holiday cards such as bookmarks, foil-stamping and stickers.
- Christmas Card Ideas: Tips for sending a holiday postcard or greeting card as a marketing promotion.
- Holiday Card Ideas for Your Business: How to spruce up your annual business holiday card.
- 5 Sweet Foil-Stamped Holiday Invitations: The holidays are the perfect time to add some sparkle and shine to a design. (That rhymes!)
- The Art of the Holiday Invitation: Making it easy to come up with the message for a holiday invitation.
- The Best New Year’s Cards I’ve Seen: Examples of New Year invitation card designs that leave a lasting impression.
- 5 Cool Die-Cut Holiday Invitations: A die cut can take your holiday cards design to the next level.
- 5 New Year’s Eve Invitations To Inspire You: Check out these sleek New Year’s Eve invitations.
- 3 Cool Christmas Cards Your Clients Will Love: Three different holiday card formats that will impress your clients.
- 5 Holiday Card Ideas You Wish Had Been Yours: These off-the-wall card designs will inspire you!