If you’re hosting a business event, you'll need professional business invitations to attract potential guests. Get it right with the best business invitation wording to generate interest and motivate guests to RSVP. These tips will help you pen (and print) the perfect business invitation every time.
1. Start with the basics
Begin by listing all the information you need to include in your business event invitation wording, including the 5 W’s:
- Who: Who is hosting the event? This could be your company, a manager, a client, an employee or an owner.
- What: What is the event? Will it be a party, a networking event, a friendly competition, a product unveiling? Something else?
- When: When will the event be held? Include the date and time.
- Where: What is the address of the event? Will it be held in a specific area, such as the cafeteria or auditorium?
- Why: Why is the event being held? What benefits can guests expect? What will the experience be like?
You’ll need to work each of these into your invitation text to make it easy for your guests to understand the most vital details. Your invitation wording will also need to include any additional information, such as:
- Special offers or incentives
- Event schedule
- Whether attendees are allowed to bring guests
- Anything attendees should bring
- Attire (formal or casual, if it’s not evident in the event description)
- Catering information (list your menu if the event is catered; if guests have different menu options, let them choose via RSVP)
- RSVP information
Once you’ve listed the information you need to include, you can start writing your invitation.
2. Set the tone
Use more formal language for events such as:
- Business seminars
- Black-tie events and ceremonies
- Retirement parties
- Anniversary parties
- Formal business luncheons
- Trade shows and conferences
- Awards ceremonies
- Open houses
Formal invitation wording often uses phrases like:
- [Company name] requests the pleasure of your presence…
- You are cordially invited to…
Not all corporate invitation wording needs to be formal, however. Holiday parties, employee appreciation events or other celebrations often benefit from a more casual, lightweight tone, with phrases such as:
- You’re invited!
- Please join us
- It’s a party
- Don’t miss this…
- And any fun and entertaining phrases you’d like to include
3. Take advantage of professional invitation templates
With easy, do-it-yourself templates, you'll be able to print your own custom invitations in no time at all.
Here are examples of what they could look like.
Corporate holiday party:
4. Make your invitations shine
It's easy to make your own custom business invitations online with our free business invitation templates and our online invitation maker. It’s a terrific way to add a personal, branded touch to your business invitations — which lends credibility and trust. You can even print matching envelopes and envelope seals.
How to design business invitations online:
- Choose your favorite business invitation template and color scheme from the design library (you can filter by category and industry type, among others).
- Open the template in the design tool, then follow the simple point-and-click prompts to add your own text, upload your logo and images (for example, a team photo of your employees), and adjust the layout however you’d like.
- Review and approve your artwork and choose your custom invitation printing options. Your business invitations will be delivered to your door in a few days.
Make your invitations pop with these tips:
- Keep it simple: Clear, crisp fonts are preferable because they’re easy to read.
- It should be obvious from your headline that your audience is receiving an invitation to a special event.
- Use plenty of white space to increase readability and comprehension.
- Centering the text is acceptable and often expected in invitations.
- Standard business invitations are typically no longer than 14 lines.
Whether you’re inviting guests to a corporate party or a special business seminar, the right wording and the right template will help you achieve success. Attract more guests to your next business event and increase your ROI with discount printing services today.